What you need to know about new online agent exams
1. Which tests can I take?
- General lines life and health
- General lines property and casualty
- Personal lines property and casualty
- Life agent
2. How do I sign up?
- Go to the PearsonVUE testing page.
- Create an account and schedule an exam.
- Already scheduled an in-person exam? You can cancel your existing registration and schedule a new one and select “take my exam from home or work.” You must cancel at least 48 hours before your test is scheduled to start.
3. What do I need?
- A reliable computer, webcam, and internet connection.
- A government ID.
- A space free from noise and distractions.
4. How does it work?
- Take photos of yourself, your ID, and your work area.
- The exam administrator runs a security check and starts the test.
- A live host helps if you run into any problems.
- If you don’t pass the online exam, you must re-take it in person.
For more information about how to get a license, see: Agent and adjuster licensing.